Markha Valley trek is a moderate grade of trek. It focuses on monasteries, monks, landscapes.It starts from Spituk bridge as you trek along Indus river walking through desolate plane at the foot of the Stok mountain. Trekking sector: Leh/ Spituk/ Zingchen/ Yurutse /Skyu/ Nimaling /Shang Sumdo / Hemis / Leh, this trek is mainly focusing on Monasteries, Monks, villages, landscape and its people. The peak season to travel is during June to September. ... See More+
We offer 7 nights & 8 days Markha Valley Trek packages, Trekking in Markha Valley. During Markha Valley Trek visit monasteries, monks & landscapes in Himalayan region
After having breakfast drive to Zingchen and walk towards Rumbak through a straight forward road. Leaving Zingchen village, you enter Hemis national park – habitat of Snow leopard and mountain ungulates etc. Walk through a narrow trail and valley widens as you arrive Rumbak village. Rumbak offers you an opportunity to stay in a village house with the family – a trend began in recent years under home stay system being promoted and supported govt. NGOs and travel agencies. You get to try different local food during your home stay experience. Camp at Rumbak.
After breakfast start trek to Ganda La Base Camp follow the path along the mountains, and then cross a small valley to a zig zag steep path,it’s a area for spotting wildlife and high altitude birds.. Camp at Gandala Base Camp.
Trek across Ganda La pass (4380m)and after about two hours of descending walk you get to the beautiful valley of Markha. A few hundred meters further is the Kaya village, where you stay in a family house. Gandala Pass, via Shingo and enter the Markha Valley. Enjoy spectacular view of Zangskar Rage from the Pass. Camp at Skyu.
From Skyu, follow a good path on the right bank of Markha where one can find great vegetation. Then cross the right bank of river then the barren plain and arrive at Chaluk. Thereafter, walk along the left bank of river and after another crossing climb towards Markha village. Towards the end of the village there are good camp site near the river. Overnight stay in tents.
Right after breakfast you start trekking in the morning to reach Tchatchutse via Hankar village. Stay overnight in tents.
After breakfast start trekking to reach Nimaling. Nimaling (4900 M) has a sweeping pasture where thousands of sheep, goats and yaks graze during the summer months. Rising to the south is 6400 M high Kang Yatse (Nimaling Peak), a lovely mountain, but not an easy one to climb. Overnight in tents.
After breakfast start trekking to reach Kongmaru La (5100 M). The trek to Kongmaru
la passes through narrow gorges. From the top of the pass, you can have a view of Ladakh ranges and the sight of villages to the north of Indus valley is excellent. Cross the pass and proceed to Chokdo, it will be the pickup point from where you will drive to Leh.
• Accommodation in Hotel in Padum & Kargil with all meals.
• All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
• Two men tent, Kitchen and dining tents.
• Kitchen equipment and Toilet Tent.
• Stool, Table and mattresses.
• Food veg and non-veg.
• Cook, helper and guide.
• Ponies for Luggage for Trekking with Camping.
• Ponies/Potters for Luggage for Trekking with Homestay.
• Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
• Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipment.
• Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum & Kargil.
• No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
• Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
• Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
• Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
• Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
• Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
• Prices valid from 01 January 2019 to 31 March 2019.
• 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
• 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
• No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.
Overland Escape helped us discover the amazing Nubra Valley, then guided us through the spectacular Markha Valley trek and also arranged for a successful summit bid on Kang Yatze 2 (6200m). An amazing trek! Overland were professional and friendly. Our guide (Namgyal) and support team were fantastic and we would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to experience the wonders of Ladakh. We would love to return and will certainly be ...
The weather during the trekking was so good as the service of Tundup Dorjey, the director of Overland Escape.My guide Sanggye (not sure the spell of his name) was so suportive on every details. As a Korean group, we ate Kimchi, which bad smell, but he helped me on cutting it and cooked. Thank you guys very much again. I hope to see you again and again.
I have trekked with overland escape twice in 2005 when we did the Markha valley trek and in 2011 when we did Tsomoriri. on both occasions the arrangements had been excellent, we had great fun, excellent guidance/ support and not to forget excellent food. Also when we were stuck in Leh in 2005 due to unseasonal snow leading to the Manali Leh road and Leh airport being closed for 3 days, the proprietor Tundup ...
I can hardly express how satisfied we were during our stay.The trek was absolutely successful and well-organized.The staff was polite, kind and helpful. They worked hard all the 8 days.The tents were clean and tidy day by day and the foods were always tasty.I also have to mention Singey who was an exceptionally good guide.He was everywhere and helped us several ways.Special thanks to Singey ...
This was a hugely successful expedition. Feedback from parents during this last week has been wholeheartedly positive and has expressed a lot of gratitude for the wonderful opportunity we gave to the pupil participants.Maybe I should start with a few short quotes from participants: “I have seen and experienced things that I am certain I shall never forget.”“This trip will stay with me for the rest of my ...