Duration: 21 NIGHTS/ 22 DAYS
Makalu base camp trekking is a unique and less touristic destination in the eastern part of Nepal.It’s different Himalayan view, landscape, beautiful scenery and adventure gives to your lifetime experience in Nepal. Makalu base camp trek starts with flight to Tumlingtar and heads up the Arun valley to Sedua and Num; then crossing Shipton La Pass 4210 m. Makalu base camp trek is considered as one of the most remote areas trekking of Nepal but Makalu Barun National park unique landscape shelters. Best Season: Spring (March to June) and Autumn (September to November) are the best months for this trip. ... See More+
Makalu base camp trekking is a unique and less touristic destination in the eastern part of Nepal.It’s different Himalayan view, landscape, beautiful scenery and adventure gives to your lifetime experience in Nepal. Makalu base camp trek starts with flight to Tumlingtar and heads up the Arun valley to Sedua and Num; then crossing Shipton La Pass 4210 m. Makalu base camp trek is considered as one of the most remote areas trekking of Nepal but Makalu Barun National park unique landscape shelters.
Best Season: Spring (March to June) and Autumn (September to November) are the best months for this trip.
upon your arrival you will be transfer to the hotel that has been booked for you. Overnight at Hotel.
Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu or Preparing for trekking.
After breakfast flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar with excellent mountain view, from Tumlingtar about 3 hours jeep drive on a bumpy road takes to the first camp at chichila. Overnight is in camp.
A moderately paced walk through the picturesque villages and lush mountain forests. A ridge line with great views on both side and perched on the end is Num. Thunder and lightning make interesting displays in Num evenings. Overnight is in Camp.
A steep descent down through the forests and terraced plots of land takes to Arun Khola. Then winding ascends up the other side again. Often quite hot – the forest on the valley sides offer a bit of shade. Makalu National Park starts and we register our permits. You can do Camping right at the top of the village.
Ascend the ridge bounded by the Ipsuwa Khola on the west and Kasuwa Khola to the east. Crossing the hillside through quiet villages and passing by small paddy fields, we reach the village of Tashi Gaon. Overnight at Camp.
Trek upwards towards Khongma. Khongma is the last stop before crossing the Shipton La and dropping down into the upper sections of the remote Barun Valley. The green forests are replaced by scrub and rhododendrons that cover the lower reaches of the mountains.
spend the day in Khongma to Rest & acclimatize yourself.
Trek to Num: 4/5 hrs.Stay overnight at camp.
After the breakfast, to climb towards the summit of the Shipton La which takes a few hours to reach. After the lake Kalo Pokhari, pass over the Keke La at 4,152m. Marvelous views of Chamlang 7,319m, Peak 6 (6,524m) and Peak 7 (6,758m). After crossing the Keke La pass, we descend down through the beautiful valley to Debotay. Climbing high and sleeping low gives the opportunity for acclimatization.
After the breakfast trek from Debotay, pass through the Rhododendron forest leads to the Baruni River and the upper reaches of the valley. A pleasant walk, gaining altitude slowly, until we arrive at Yangle Kharka situated at the base of the valley. Overnight at camp.
Today, we trek to Merek. Since we are gaining height beyond 4, 000 meters, be sure to allow your body the necessary time for acclimatization. Overnight at camp
After breakfast we climb up the valley, through yak pastures and boulder fields. On approaching Shersong the south east ridge of Mount Makalu comes into view. Overnight at Shersong.
Make sure that you acclimatize well before walking up to Makalu Base Camp. Enjoy the superb views of the Himalayan Mountains throughout the day. Return back to Camp.
Trek descend back down the valley and take our last glimpse of Makalu before turning the corner and eventually reaching Yangle Kharka for Overnight.
Trek to Mumbuk: 6/7 hrs, Overnight at camp
Trek to Khongma: 6/7 hrs.Overnight at camp
Trek to Tashigaon: 5/6 hrs.Overnight at camp
Trek to Chichila, Transfer to Tumlingtar: 9/10 hrs.Stay overnight at Guest house.
Fly from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu Overnight at Hotel
Explore –world heritage side.Overnight at Hotel & this evening farewell dinner hosted by MGT.
Departure to your own home with countless captured memories of your stay in Nepal.
• Assisted by our office representative after your arrival at the airport.
• All arrival and departure transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicles
• Airfare for the sector flight to/from including airport tax.
• Accommodations at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis twin sharing room as per program.
• All standard hotel in city as per program / Itinerary on BB Basis twin sharing room.
• A-quality guest house or in tented camp during the trip as per program / Itinerary.
• All sightseeing tours and transfers as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide
• All the necessary formalities Conservation or National Park Permit and TIMS Card.
• 3 time meal a day including hot drinks during your trip (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
• An experienced English-speaking trek Guide (4 trekkers:1 assistant Guide) & Porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
or For camping trek, 1 trekker = 2 porters) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
• All applicable taxes presently 24.3%
• MGT’s Duffel Bag and Trekking Maps.
• All the official papers and Office Service Charges.
• Welcome or Farewell Dinner.
Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu (for 15 days US $ 25 and 30 days US $ 40)) You will require 2 passport size photos at Tribhuwan International airport for visa.
• Travel and Medical insurance (please note this must cover helicopter evacuation in case of emergency)
• Personal Trekking equipment – ie waterproofs, rucksack, sleeping bag,clothing, headtorch, hat, gloves etc – please refer to the kit lists.
• Alcoholic or soft drinks, bottled mineral water & Meals in Kathmandu (unless your hotel rate includes breakfast)
• Any other extra expenses due to any political disturbances or natural calamities.
• Expenses related to any extended stay outside of our control – for example extra accommodation costs in the event of delayed flights to/from.
Expenses related to changing your travel details – i.e. supplementary air fare charges if we change your departure date on your behalf
Single person supplement for hotel rooms, Tea house / lodge room or single tent – please apply for a price.
• Trips for Guide & Staffs (Tips is expected): Normally this is given to the trip leader, who will divide the total according to seniority of staff. Please allow around $100-150 depending on the length of your trip; however this amount is at your discretion.
• Any transportation cost outside of the regular program / itinerary.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, Ill health, and roadblocks and / or any factor beyond control.
• Bank service charge should be borne by the clients themselves at the time of deposit.
• Flight: Flight booking are 11% nonrefundable.
• All Trip Prices valid from 01 January to 30 December 2017.
• 15% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
• 35% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
• No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek.
Dear Overland Escape, My family just returned back from Leh and we all agreed that we left part of our heart there - and one of the biggest reasons why was our experience with the team at Overland Escape. From the moment we arrived everything was smooth and the orientation and meetings at the hotel were very helpful. We were expertly driven to see the sights with Doulje and we ...
Our trip was even more memorable and enjoyable because of the facilities that Overland Escape provided us.Mr. Tunduk Namgyal, who drove us in and around Kerala , was very well versed with the roads, had an excellent idea about the climate and all the information & history about the places we visited. Overland provided us excellent hotel arrangements and made sure our trip was one of the best ever....
It's been a week since we've returned to the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong and we haven't stopped raving and reminiscing about the fabulous time we had trekking from Raru to Shang Sumdo. We just wanted you to know that we have really enjoyed having Namgyal as our guide. His enthusiasm to share his knowledge of the wildlife and the local culture has enriched the experience of our trek ...
Overland Escape helped us discover the amazing Nubra Valley, then guided us through the spectacular Markha Valley trek and also arranged for a successful summit bid on Kang Yatze 2 (6200m). An amazing trek! Overland were professional and friendly. Our guide (Namgyal) and support team were fantastic and we would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to experience the wonders of Ladakh. We would love to return and will certainly be ...
That’s about all Ladhkhi I could learn in one week from Tundup.Recently my wife and me had the pleasure of visiting Leh and some of the popular surrounding areas like Ule / Lamayuru, Nubra Valley and Pangong lake.Our visit was from July 3 to 10, 2016 and was indeed a very nice trip. This was made possible because of the 2 persons who attended and took care of us.One was Mr ...
We would like to let you know that we enjoyed the trekking (22th august - 3 september from Padum to Dat) with your organisation very much!We had a very good time, and enjoyed the beautiful landscape of Zanskar and Rupshu.The team we travelled with was great! ( Sonam, Samstan, Sonam Tashi). We had a very good time with them.Thanks for everything, we will keep it in mind as a ...
It was a great experience with Overland Escape. The team that travelled with us - Thinles, Dawa and Norbu were such wonderful people. We never had issues with the bikes while riding. Norbu was the most fun. Despite us having girls in the group, they were comfortable to travel in the car and with your team.I would like to thank Thinles, Dawa and Norbu for traveling with us and ...
We are extremely happy with Sikkim trip. Sikkim people were really friendly and I have zero complains from the trip. Things that really went well. Driver was very mature and handled tough situations well. He ensured safety and very capable of handling tough terrains. Teen taley resort is highly recommended. The resort had nice garden, friendly people and organic food. They took care well. Anil and driver took care of ...
The weather during the trekking was so good as the service of Tundup Dorjey, the director of Overland Escape.My guide Sanggye (not sure the spell of his name) was so suportive on every details. As a Korean group, we ate Kimchi, which bad smell, but he helped me on cutting it and cooked. Thank you guys very much again. I hope to see you again and again.