Duration: 9 NIGHTS/ 10 DAYS
We offer 10 days trek to Lukla, Namche to Tengbochu. The primary activity is trekking and hiking followed by cultural and historical tour. The peak season to do this trekking is from Sept to Nov and March to June. ... See More+
Explore the riverside Temple of Pashupatinath, Narayanthan, Bodnath Stupa, Swayambhunath, medieval city of Bhaktapur and Patan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On the Mountain: Nature and an historical Sherpa traditional, scattered lakes, monasteries, Chhortens, flora & fauna, beaten trail of rural and magnificent Himalayan snow capped of Khumbu and Tibet Range.
Flying into Kathmandu on a clear day is an unforgettable experience with the entire Nepalese Himalaya laid out below you. On arrival make your way through customs and the restricted zone to the passenger pick-up area outside the terminal building, from here you will be met and transferred to hotel, Welcome drinks & our officer will short briefing for your tour & trekking program. Stay overnight Hotel.
After breakfast visit Pashupatinath Temple or the Temple of Living Beings, regarded as the most sacred temple of Hindu Lord Shiva in the world. The Temple has an astonishing architectural beauty and stands as a symbol of faith, religion, culture and tradition. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is an assortment of pagoda and Shikhara Style temples grouped around a fifty-five-window palace of brick and wood. The ancient city of Patan is known as the city of fine arts. The city is full of Hindu temples and Buddhist monuments. Overnight Hotel.
We transfer to airport for 35 minute flight by Twin Otter to Lukla, Originally conceived by the late Sir Edmund Hillary Himalayan Trust as an emergency evacuation runway for casualties brought to the Trustâ€™s hospital at bear by Khunde. Lukla is one of the busiest runways in Nepal. From the air we see the rugged foothills give way to the snow line of the Himalaya, many of the worldâ€™s highest mountains, Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Nuptse may be seen, After sorting out our gear and meeting our trekking crew, we begin the trek by chaurikharka and heading up the Dudh-Koshi valley to Phakding. Overnight at Lodge.
We continue north following the Dudh-Koshi river and on to Jorsale, where we enter the Mt. Sagarmatha (Everest) National park, from here it is a short walk to the confluence of the Imja Khola and the Bhote Kosi river, where we cross a spectacular high bridge followed by a steep climb 2 hours to Namche Bazaar. The sherpa capital about halfway up the hill, a gap in the trees allows us to view Everest for the first time. Namche is a prosperous sherpa village spread within a horseshoe shaped valley surrounded by the impressive peaks of Thamserku, Kwangde Ri, & Khumbila. An important trading center, it holds a weekly Saturday market for the local Sherpa. Stay overnight Lodge.
This rest day is important for acclimatization. To begin the day, it is worth getting up early to trek just above Namche to the sagarmatha National Park headquarters for sunrise. This is a stunning vantage point from which to view the peaks of Taweche, Thamserku, Ama-Dablem, Nuptse, Lotse and Mt. Everest at the head of the Imja knola valley. The remainder of the day can be spent relaxing, shopping in the Namche or alternatively: we could walk up the Bhote Kosi valley towards Thami following a trail that was once a busy trading route into Tibet. Along the way we pass many prayer flags and mani stones, all indicative of the Tibetan/ Buddhist culture of this area. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Leaving to Namche, we pass by stone Mani, 10 minutes walk there are home to the brightly colored Danfe, a type of Pheasant that is the National bird of Nepal.We continue to a suspension bridge and on to phunki Tenga than it is long climb toward the ridge line, where we pass through a traditional gateway and around a chorten which leads up to Tangboche Monastery. The monastery was rebuilt destroyed by fire in 1989. For trekkers, Tyangboche offers one of the best mountain panoramas on this trail. It is worth walking to the chorten on the ridge line behind the monastery to hang prayer flags. Overnight Lodge.
We will take down through the hill side blanketed by rhododendron and juniper trees, if its spring, Pink, Red rhododendron flowers ablaze our surrounding from Tengboche. The trail goes down to Phunki Tanga. From here mostly the trail goes through the pine forest and have change to see wild life like mountain goats, snow leopard and colorful pheasants, finally we will arrival at Jorsale. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Jorsale to Lukla 5 hr. Stay overnight at Guest house
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu,Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel, rest of the time you can go for shopping or relax at hotel.
Final departure to own destination with countless memories of your stay in Nepal.
• Assisted by our office representative after your arrival at the airport.
• All arrival and departure transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicles
• Airfare for the sector flight to/from including airport tax.
• Accommodations at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on BB basis twin sharing room as per program.
• All standard hotel in city as per program / Itinerary on BB Basis twin sharing room.
• A-quality guest house or in tented camp during the trip as per program / Itinerary.
• All sightseeing tours and transfers as per the above itinerary with our local English speaking guide
• All the necessary formalities Conservation or National Park Permit and TIMS Card.
• 3 time meal a day including hot drinks during your trip (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
• An experienced English-speaking trek Guide (4 trekkers:1 assistant Guide) & Porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
or For camping trek, 1 trekker = 2 porters) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
• All applicable taxes presently 24.3%
• MGT’s Duffel Bag and Trekking Maps.
• All the official papers and Office Service Charges.
• Welcome or Farewell Dinner.
• Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu (for 15 days US $ 25 and 30 days US $ 40)) You will require 2 passport size photos at Tribhuwan International airport for visa.
• Travel and Medical insurance (please note this must cover helicopter evacuation in case of emergency)
• Personal Trekking equipment – ie waterproofs, rucksack, sleeping bag,clothing, headtorch, hat, gloves etc – please refer to the kit lists.
• Alcoholic or soft drinks, bottled mineral water & Meals in Kathmandu (unless your hotel rate includes breakfast)
• Any other extra expenses due to any political disturbances or natural calamities.
• Expenses related to any extended stay outside of our control – for example extra accommodation costs in the event of delayed flights to/from.
Expenses related to changing your travel details – i.e. supplementary air fare charges if we change your departure date on your behalf
Single person supplement for hotel rooms, Tea house / lodge room or single tent – please apply for a price.
• Trips for Guide & Staffs (Tips is expected): Normally this is given to the trip leader, who will divide the total according to seniority of staff. Please allow around $100-150 depending on the length of your trip; however this amount is at your discretion.
• Any transportation cost outside of the regular program / itinerary.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, Ill health, and roadblocks and / or any factor beyond control.
• Bank service charge should be borne by the clients themselves at the time of deposit.
• Flight: Flight booking are 11% nonrefundable.
• All Trip Prices valid from 01 January to 30 December 2017.
• 15% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
• 35% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
• No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek.
Dear Overland Escape, My family just returned back from Leh and we all agreed that we left part of our heart there - and one of the biggest reasons why was our experience with the team at Overland Escape. From the moment we arrived everything was smooth and the orientation and meetings at the hotel were very helpful. We were expertly driven to see the sights with Doulje and we ...
Our trip was even more memorable and enjoyable because of the facilities that Overland Escape provided us.Mr. Tunduk Namgyal, who drove us in and around Kerala , was very well versed with the roads, had an excellent idea about the climate and all the information & history about the places we visited. Overland provided us excellent hotel arrangements and made sure our trip was one of the best ever....
It's been a week since we've returned to the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong and we haven't stopped raving and reminiscing about the fabulous time we had trekking from Raru to Shang Sumdo. We just wanted you to know that we have really enjoyed having Namgyal as our guide. His enthusiasm to share his knowledge of the wildlife and the local culture has enriched the experience of our trek ...
Overland Escape helped us discover the amazing Nubra Valley, then guided us through the spectacular Markha Valley trek and also arranged for a successful summit bid on Kang Yatze 2 (6200m). An amazing trek! Overland were professional and friendly. Our guide (Namgyal) and support team were fantastic and we would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to experience the wonders of Ladakh. We would love to return and will certainly be ...
That’s about all Ladhkhi I could learn in one week from Tundup.Recently my wife and me had the pleasure of visiting Leh and some of the popular surrounding areas like Ule / Lamayuru, Nubra Valley and Pangong lake.Our visit was from July 3 to 10, 2016 and was indeed a very nice trip. This was made possible because of the 2 persons who attended and took care of us.One was Mr ...
We would like to let you know that we enjoyed the trekking (22th august - 3 september from Padum to Dat) with your organisation very much!We had a very good time, and enjoyed the beautiful landscape of Zanskar and Rupshu.The team we travelled with was great! ( Sonam, Samstan, Sonam Tashi). We had a very good time with them.Thanks for everything, we will keep it in mind as a ...
It was a great experience with Overland Escape. The team that travelled with us - Thinles, Dawa and Norbu were such wonderful people. We never had issues with the bikes while riding. Norbu was the most fun. Despite us having girls in the group, they were comfortable to travel in the car and with your team.I would like to thank Thinles, Dawa and Norbu for traveling with us and ...
We are extremely happy with Sikkim trip. Sikkim people were really friendly and I have zero complains from the trip. Things that really went well. Driver was very mature and handled tough situations well. He ensured safety and very capable of handling tough terrains. Teen taley resort is highly recommended. The resort had nice garden, friendly people and organic food. They took care well. Anil and driver took care of ...
The weather during the trekking was so good as the service of Tundup Dorjey, the director of Overland Escape.My guide Sanggye (not sure the spell of his name) was so suportive on every details. As a Korean group, we ate Kimchi, which bad smell, but he helped me on cutting it and cooked. Thank you guys very much again. I hope to see you again and again.